[R-sig-ME] anova (lm, lmer ) question

Farrar, David Farrar.David at epa.gov
Mon Oct 6 19:15:39 CEST 2014

OK got it.  I had thought we might be saying a mixture-of-chi-square approach was implemented, for testing on a boundary.

I have been led to believe the approach is conservative.  Anyway, will spend some time with the FAQ (thanks).

I acknowledge the point make previously, that variances may be included based on design and testing them obviated.