[R-sig-ME] Problem with profile and glmer

Emmanuel Curis emmanuel.curis at parisdescartes.fr
Mon Sep 15 09:23:32 CEST 2014

It works with replacing

 thedata <- data.frame(herd,incidence,size,period)

with

 thedata <<- data.frame(herd,incidence,size,period)

 so it seems that when searching for thedata, glmer searches in the
 parent environnement of testprofile() and not in the local
 environnement of testprofile().

I guess it has to do with the line

glmod <- eval(mc, parent.frame(1L))

but my knowledge stops here...

Hope that will help as a workaround until developpers find a fix for
that...