[R-sig-ME] [Lme4-authors] installing 1.1-7

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 21:28:17 CEST 2014

[taking the liberty of cc'ing this to r-sig-mixed-models]

 Have you tried

install.packages("optextras",
repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org",type="source")
?

(this may require you to go further down the rabbit hole and install
compilation tools, see the R FAQ for your operating system ...)

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Kumiko Fukumura <
kumiko.fukumura at strath.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your reply.  I've just used the following:
>

> > install.packages("lme4",
> +    repos=c("http://lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/repos",
> +           getOption("repos")[["CRAN"]]))
>

> And the programme seems to be working, though I'm not entirely sure if
> this is the 1.1-7 (it says "lme4" but not "lme.1.1.-7").

  packageVersion("lme4")  should tell you what you have (or sessionInfo())

> Also, having separately installed "optimx", I still cannot use the
> optimiser, and got a message that I now need to install "optextras". So I
> tried the folllwing:

  Can you be a little bit more specific about what you're trying to do?
For basic use of lme4 you shouldn't need optimx ...