[R-sig-ME] confidence intervals for random slopes

Lenth, Russell V russell-lenth at uiowa.edu
Mon Aug 11 23:55:30 CEST 2014

CIs for the slopes in the fixed part may be obtained easily via the lsmeans package:

    fm <- lme(Y ~ X * fixfactor, random=~X|randomfactor)
    require("lsmeans")
    lstrends(fm, "fixfactor", var="X")

You may also obtain pairwise comparisons by calling 'pairs' with the result of the last statement

Russell V. Lenth  -  Professor Emeritus
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
The University of Iowa  -  Iowa City, IA 52242  USA
Voice (319)335-0712 (Dept. office)  -  FAX (319)335-3017