[R-sig-ME] Calculating upper and lower confidence limits on a population estimate derived from multiple point estimates

Baldwin, Jim -FS jbaldwin at fs.fed.us
Tue Jul 29 16:04:18 CEST 2014

I wonder if the following publication might be of use: http://www.treesearch.fs.fed.us/pubs/40477.  The paper gives conditions where the spatial covariance structure can be ignored when performing a model-based inference.  Essentially only the estimated variability of the coefficients in the prediction equation are considered (again, when certain conditions are satisfied).

Jim