[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm predict function output and interpretation

Justine jsmith5 at ucsc.edu
Tue Jul 29 01:45:09 CEST 2014

Jarrod Hadfield <j.hadfield at ...> writes:

> Hi Justine,
>
> The first 634 predictions are for B vs A, and the second 634 are for C
> vs A. If you want the predicted probabilities of falling in category
> A, B or C you'll have to do it by hand I'm afraid.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jarrod

Hi Jarrod,

Thanks so much for clearing that up. Just to make sure I'm absolutely clear,
if column 1 is 0.228, and column 635 is 0.092, than for data point #1 the
probability option B is more likely than option A is 0.228 and C more likely
than A is 0.092? Does this indicate that A (the reference value) is the most
likely? Can I calculate its relative probability by subtracting the other
two values from 1? I'm happy to assign the categories by hand, but I want to
make sure I am interpreting the output correctly.

Thanks again,

Justine