[R-sig-ME] Install flexlambda- and master-lme4 from Github

Christian Brauner christianvanbrauner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:31:17 CEST 2014

Dear Ben,
dear Tobias,

the devtools solution is actually pretty nice:

library(devtools)
dev_mode(, path = "~/your/path/to/new/library/here")

will switch your R repl from

d>

you can then simply install

install_github("lme4", "lme4", ref = "flexLambda")

which will install into the directory specificied in your dev_mode() call.
Next time you enter R and want to load the flexLambda version of lme4 you
need to pass

dev_mode(, path = ~/your/path/to/new/library/here")

again. If you now use

library(lme4)

it will load the flexLambda package from the specified library path.

Thank you!
Christian