[R-sig-ME] question about lme4

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 19:14:16 CEST 2014

On 14-07-18 10:32 AM, Leithen wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> Thank you for this. I hadn't seen it. Does this apply to 1.1-7 as well?
> --L

  [cc'ing r-sig-mixed-models]

  No, it doesn't; in 1.1-7 we have changed the tests so that it is
much more likely that reported convergence failures represent a real
problem rather than a false positive. They *might* still be false
positives, but for now we'd rather worry people while we figure out
how to tweak the messages so they're slightly less sensitive (but
still don't miss things that are real problems).

  Ben Bolker