[R-sig-ME] glmmadmb instead of glmer to avoid convergence warnings in lme4

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:51:39 CEST 2014

  The convergence warnings are false positives, as much discussed on the
list: see https://github.com/lme4/lme4/blob/master/README.md

  Poisson or NB models are not completely silly for modeling a success
scale, but they may not be appropriate either -- depends on what your
data actually look like.  If you have enough data, an ordinal model
could be appropriate.