[R-sig-ME] rpt.remlLMM(y, groups) causes R to crash

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 23:08:07 CEST 2014

On 14-06-08 04:30 PM, AvianResearchDivision wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Thank you again for the response and I apologize for my delay getting
> back to you.  I tried running the example data from 'rptR' and got my
> computer to crash by increasing npermut and nboot a bit, so it doesn't
> seem it's necessarily an issue with my data, other than the fact that my
> data might make it happen quicker.  I ran my data using rpt.anova and
> mcmc instead of remlLMM and those run fine, so who knows what is going on.
>
> I suppose I don't know what you mean by "Do you have the same kinds of
> problems if you run from a batch file rather than from the Windows
> GUI?"  I'm not overly competent in R, so I apologize for my lack of
> understanding.
>

> Jacob

  You should be able to run a batch file by saving all of your commands
to a self-contained .R file; opening a terminal/command window and
making sure that Rscript.exe is in your path for executable files; and
then running (something like) Rscript.exe -e filename.R

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3412911/r-exe-rcmd-exe-rscript-exe-and-rterm-exe-whats-the-difference