[R-sig-ME] about the glmer function

lme4 maintainer bbolker at gmail.com
Tue May 20 20:32:38 CEST 2014

  [forwarding to r-sig-mixed-models]

  This is an unfortunate limitation of the current version of lme4.  You
could try lme4.0, which did allow AGHQ on vector-valued random effects,
or wait until we can find enough resources to (re)implement this
feature. (Or fit your model in MCMCglmm, or live with the Laplace
approximation, or ...)

https://github.com/lme4/lme4/issues/123

  sincerely
    Ben Bolker