[R-sig-ME] glmer syntax for model with "common" random effects

Martin Stjernman martin.stjernman at biol.lu.se
Fri May 16 11:22:46 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Am I completely off track claiming that (Norm_Combined|Pat_ID/Proc_ID) is equivalent to (Norm_XY :Norm_21|Pat_ID/Proc_ID) rather than to  (Norm_XY * Norm_21|Pat_ID/Proc_ID) in the post by Thierry?

Norm_XY*Norm_21 would expand to Norm_XY + Norm_21 + Norm_XY:Norm_21 wouldn't it?

(Just to understand the formula specifications in R)

Sincerely

Martin
Martin Stjernman
Department of Biology