[R-sig-ME] Mixed-effects conditional logistic regression in lme4 v. 1.0-4 and above

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri May 2 03:42:29 CEST 2014

Javan Bauder <javanvonherp at ...> writes:

> Hi Dr. Bolker
>
> Thank you for responding to my post about installing an older version
> of lme4. I wanted to respond to your question about why I need an
> older version for my analyses.
>
> The analysis I am running is a mixed-effects conditional logistic
> regression. My colleagues and I are using these models to conduct
> habitat selection analyses with wildlife telemetry data where each
> telemetry point is paired with a measure of availability unique to
> that point. We then difference the value of our independent variable
> at the telemetry point (used) with the measure of availability for
> that variable and fit a no-intercept logistic regression model to
> those differences and use individual animal as a random slope effect.
> We have used the following model structure:

glmer(1 ~ −1+diff100+…(-1+diff100+…|Individual),
  data=data, family=‘binomial’)

  PS -- sorry, now that I'm thinking about this more clearly,
I can see that you *are* thinking about conditional regression,
and I can see how you get your constant '1' on the left hand side.
I still don't think it makes sense though ... there must be some
more appropriate way to do this ...

  Ben Bolker