[R-sig-ME] previous posts about error message in glmmADMB

Lena mwiederm at mtu.edu
Wed Apr 30 19:04:12 CEST 2014

Parameters were estimated, but not standard errors were not: the most likely
problem is that the curvature at MLE was zero or negative Error in
glmmadmb(resp ~ N * treecov + (1 | plot/subplot), data = xyz,  :
 The function maximizer failed (couldn't find STD file) Troubleshooting
steps include (1) run with 'save.dir' set and inspect output files; (2)
change run parameters: see '?admbControl'

In addition: Warning message:
running command 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c "C:/Program Files/R/R
3.0.2/library/glmmADMB/bin/windows32/glmmadmb.exe" -maxfn 500
-maxph 5 -noinit -shess' had status 1

Dear list,

I get the exact same error messages (see above) regardless of using
family="binomial", family="nbinom1", family="nbinom2"

N, plot and subplot = factor
tree cover can only be continuous
resp<-cbind(dead,alive)

model<-glmmadmb(resp~N*treecov+(1|plot/subplot),
data=xyz,zeroInflation=TRUE,family="binomial")

the data consists of 306 zero values in the response (out of 750).

Any suggestions what else I could try to get the glmmADMB running.
Thank you,
Lena