[R-sig-ME] Model specification (fixed and random effects)?

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Apr 22 09:56:03 CEST 2014

Dear Julia,

Your model specification is OK if you assume that there is a linair trend along number of surgeries and tests.

The correlation should be  corAR1(form=~test_time|id/surgery_number)

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey