[R-sig-ME] Query on predicting from GLMM to new data with a different range of values of the random term

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Apr 8 13:48:54 CEST 2014

Dear Alice,

Have a look at the allow.new.levels argument of predict.merMod(). Read the helpfile carefully to know what this option does (and doesn't).

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey