[R-sig-ME] Error in sprintf

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 04:24:19 CET 2014

Ben Bolker <bbolker at ...> writes:

> On 14-02-25 10:33 PM, Alexej Siren wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I'm reanalyzing binomial GLMM's using the same script and data from last
> > year.  I'm using the lme4 and AICcmodavg packages
> and able to produce an AIC
> > table but not able to get a summary of the top model - or any model.
> > Instead, I get the error listed below.
> >

> > Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
> >
> >   invalid type of argument[1]: 'symbol'

PS this may have been answered earlier on this list --

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Error-running-MuMIn-dredge-function-
using-glmer-models-td4679991.html
[WARNING, broken URL to make gmane happy]

(I found this by googling "error in sprintf gettext symbol" -- this
message is hits #2 and #3)

The link suggests you can work around the problem by (1) installing
MuMIn version 1.9.14 from R-forge (2) omitting na.action=na.omit.

Your problem *might* be something different, but this looks like a
good place to start.

  Ben Bolker