[R-sig-ME] help with installation of glmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 22:01:26 CET 2013

Samora Macrice Andrew <samora.andrew at ...> writes:

> Hi, i have nested data with zero inflation which I would like to
>  analyze. I have downloaded glmmADMB

  from where? what is the name of your downloaded file?

> but when
> I activate it I get this msg "Error: package 'glmmADMB' was built
>  before R 2.10.0: please re-install it". I
> tried to update packages in R studio but in vain.
> I followed the explanations in
> http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/glmmADMB.html and
> http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/r/faq/mepoisson.htm but i
> still get the same message!!
>
> Can anyone help please!!

 Have you tried the instructions at

http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/

in particular #2,

If this fails (because you don't have the very latest version of R, or
because R-forge is having a bad day), try

install.packages("glmmADMB",
   repos=c("http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/repos",
           getOption("repos")),type="source")

  ??