[R-sig-ME] errors compiling minqa during lme4 install

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 03:50:57 CEST 2013

On 13-10-05 06:50 AM, Dan McCloy wrote:
> Yes, I tried removing / reinstalling Rcpp.  No change.  Installing
> RcppEigen fails with the same error as minqa, though I doubt that is
> helpfully informative.  I don't know much about C(++) or make, but it
> looks to me like there's no space between the -L and the library path.
>  I assume that's normal?
> -- dan
>
> Daniel McCloy
> http://dan.mccloy.info/
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
> University of Washington

  This is what my linking statement looks like, in case that's useful:

g++ -shared -L/usr/local/lib -o minqa.so altmov.o bigden.o biglag.o
bobyqa.o bobyqb.o lagmax.o minqa.o newuoa.o newuob.o prelim.o rescue.o
trsapp.o trsbox.o trstep.o uobyqa.o uobyqb.o update.o updatebobyqa.o
-L/mnt/hgfs/bolker/Documents/LOCAL/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/lib -lRcpp
-Wl,-rpath,/mnt/hgfs/bolker/Documents/LOCAL/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/lib
-lgfortran -lm -lquadmath -L/usr/local/lib/R/lib -lR

  The only other thing I can think of is checking permissions?