[R-sig-ME] Passing lme4 optimizer arguments to pbmodcomp and afex/mixed

Henrik Singmann henrik.singmann at psychologie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 25 15:35:47 CEST 2013

I am also currently working on a binomial GLMM on which I encounter this problem regularly (depending on which model I fit). But as my data is somewhat large (12000 observations) and fitting takes a while I wouldn't consider it a nice demonstration of the issue.

However, I did try to increase the number of steps in pwrssUpdate by altering the source of lme4 and, as predicted by Ben, this does not help at all (it just reaches the new boundary).

But, if nevertheless someone is interested to try it out for him or herself, you can install a version of lme4 1.1.0 that is identical to the development version as of yesterday that only stops after 10000 pwrssUpdate steps from my github:
library("devtools"); install_github("lme4",user="singmann")

Best,
Henrik

--
Dipl. Psych. Henrik Singmann