[R-sig-ME] glmer with nAGQ > 1

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Thu Jul 11 15:08:18 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I just tried to fit a mixed-effects logistic regression model with version 0.99999911-5 of lme4 (installed from github). The model includes a random effect for clusters and a random group/treatment effect. I received the following error:

Error in updateGlmerDevfun(devfun, glmod$reTrms, nAGQ = nAGQ) :
  nAGQ > 1 is only available for models with a single, scalar random-effects term

Indeed, I had set nAGQ > 1 to get more precision with the evaluation of the integrals via Gauss-Hermite quadrature. It's clear what the error message says, but I am wondering if this is going to be a permanent design choice or something temporary.

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology