[R-sig-ME] semicontinuous variables: what likelihoods are available?

Aurelie Cosandey Godin GodinA at dal.ca
Mon Mar 18 21:25:23 CET 2013

Thank you Ben and others,

Apologize for not being very precise!
My response variable is measured both in weight (kg) and counts and is very zero-inflated i.e., 91% of my data.
I previously ran models on the count data using a suit of  likelihoods: 2-parts zero inflated poisson & 2-parts zero inflated negative binomial. The latter were the best.
Now I would like to run the same models but with my response variable in kg, but I don't know how to model my positive (truncated or just positive weight data?). See  figure attached of the distribution of my weight data.

Many thanks in advance!!
Aurelie