[R-sig-ME] lme4 versions

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 11 18:59:05 CET 2013

Running from Debian Squeeze with R 2.15.3 I tried
install.packages("lme4",repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org")
but got
package ‘lme4’ is not available (for R version 2.15.3)

Then I got the latest svn from r-forge (only later realizing I didn't
need the whole thing) and built pkg/lme4.  Is that an appropriate
version?

Then I recalled Ben's instructions that git has the latest version, but
I need some Debian packages installed before that will work
(libcurl-devel; I'm guessing I'll need some git stuff too).

BTW, I'm using lme4 in 2 separate projects, one on MS Windows and one on
Linux.  Unfortunately I don't have admin rights for either.

Ross Boylan