[R-sig-ME] Finding r^2 value and plotting regression lines and CIs from gls

Margie Mathewson m1mathew at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 7 21:49:38 CET 2013

I'm a new R user who has been using the gls function to analyze scaling
relationships in mammals while considering phylogenetic similarity. I'm
having trouble with a few things, though.

1) For my project, I need to know the r or r^2 value of my scaling line,
and I'm having trouble figuring out how to find it in R. Is there an easy
way to get gls function to spit out this value?

2) Is there a way to plot the regression line and confidence intervals
calculated by the program onto the data sets I'm analyzing in R? I've been
able to plot residuals, but not the regression line and data.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!
Margie