[R-sig-ME] Trouble getting development version of lme4/problem w/CRAN version

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 04:41:10 CET 2013

Ross Boylan <ross at ...> writes:

> On 2/27/2013 3:48 PM, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > it appears lme4 was mostly removed, but there is still a dll there.  I
> > thought detach  unload was supposed to take care of that.
> I guess the unload didn't succeed:
>  > detach(unload=TRUE)
> Warning message:
> In .removeSuperclassBackRefs(cl, cldef, searchWhere) :
>    could not find superclass "mMatrix" to clean up when removing
> subclass references to class "lmList.confint"
>
> Is that a bug?
> Ross

  You mean detach("package:lme4",unload=TRUE) ?

This is a known issue:

https://github.com/lme4/lme4/issues/16

 As far as I know, this is simply an annoying warning -- I have
never noticed any substantive side effects.  If you have anything
to add (e.g. if it does have side effects for you), please feel
free to comment on the issue at the URL above.

  Ben Bolker