[R-sig-ME] [R] lmer - BLUP prediction intervals

Daniel Caro dcarov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:54:15 CET 2013

Dear all

I have not been able to follow the discussion. But I would like to
know if it makes sense to calculate prediction intervals like this:

var(fixed effect+random effect)= var(fixed effect) + var(random
effect) + 0 (i.e., the cov is zero)

and based on this create the prediction intervals. Does this make sense?

All the best,
Daniel