[R-sig-ME] fixing covariances to 0 in MCMCglmm

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 11:19:50 CET 2013

Hi Pierre,

I think Celine wants matrices of the form

  V1 C12 0
C12 V2  0
  0   0   V3

it could be done for the PE term. I think this should work:

random =
~us(at.level(sex,"Male"):at.level(trait,1:2)):PE+us(at.level(sex,"Female"):at.level(trait,3)):PE

where traits 1 and 2 are measured on males, and trait 3 on females.

The R-structure however cannot yet have multiple terms.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting "Pierre B. de Villemereuil" <bonamy at horus.ens.fr> on Thu, 31
Jan 2013 11:07:34 +0100:

> Hi !
>
> What about the following :
> random = ~idh(sex):PE + us(sex):animal, rcov=idh(sex):units
>
> I did not test it though, so I'm not sure it will work, but I see no
> reason why not ! ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Pierre.
>

> Le 30/01/2013 19:09, Celine Teplitsky a écrit :
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I would like to run an animal model in MCMCglmm with 3 traits, 2
>> male traits and one female trait, but I do not know how to fix the
>> covariances between sexes for Vpe and Vr to 0. From what I
>> understood from an earlier post by Jarrod, it was not possible 2
>> years ago, but any chance it is now?
>> Many thanks in advance for help,
>>
>> All the best
>>
>> Celine

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.