[R-sig-ME] multi-trait model in MCMCglmm

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 11:41:29 CET 2013

Hi Matt,

Invert the relationship matrix, pass it to ginverse, and use random =
~us(trait):random.factor  where random.factor contains levels in the
rownames of the inverse relationship matrix. Make sure the
relationship matrix is positive definite and coerce the inverse to
sparse format using as(myinverse, "dgCMatrix").

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting Matthew Robinson <matthew.r.robinson at sheffield.ac.uk> on Thu,
24 Jan 2013 13:21:36 +0000:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it was possible run a bivariate version of the
> following model in MCMCglmm?
> m1<-MCMCglmm(y~1, random=~idv(Z), data=data, prior=prior)
> Here, Z is a model matrix gained from singular value decomposition
> of a relationship matrix, and I have used idv to fit a common
> variance to all terms in Z.
> What I want is to estimate the covariance of the Z effects between
> two traits. Despite numerous attempts and searching I can't code a
> model that can do it and any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Many thanks in advance.
> Best wishes,
> Matt
> Dr. Matt Robinson
> NERC Research Fellow
> Department of Animal and Plant Science
> University of Sheffield
> Alfred Denny Building, Western Bank
> Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
>
> matthew.r.robinson at sheffield.ac.uk
>
> tel:  +44 (0)114 222 4707
> fax: +44 (0)114 222 0002

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.