[R-sig-ME] Interpretation of the plots

Baldwin, Jim -FS jbaldwin at fs.fed.us
Sat Jan 19 17:59:44 CET 2013

Given that it appears that your dependent variable (HiBP) only takes on two values (0 and 1), the appearance of the residual plots is not unexpected.  But you shouldn't expect a binary dependent variable to have residual plots that look like residual plots from normally distributed continuous dependent variables.

Jim Baldwin