[R-sig-ME] effects package with glmer function

Steve Taylor steve.taylor at aut.ac.nz
Mon Jan 14 02:16:32 CET 2013

Are you using the latest version of R and those packages?  The output of sessionInfo() would be helpful to check that.

When I run glmer() I get an object of class="mer" for which there is an effect method.  It works fine for me.

This might also be enlightening...
> methods(class='mer')
 [1] allEffects.mer* drop1.mer*      effect.mer*     extractAIC.mer* isGLMM.mer*     isLMM.mer*      isNLMM.mer*
 [8] isREML.mer*     plot.mer        terms.mer*

   Non-visible functions are asterisked
> methods(class='glmerMod')
no methods were found

cheers,