[R-sig-ME] linear mixed model with non-monotonic longitudinal data

Brad Buran bburan at galenea.com
Thu Jan 3 16:37:35 CET 2013

Hi Ben et al.:

Thanks for the great suggestions.  I tried the models you suggested (e.g. ~genotype*time+(1|subject_id)).  I think it's clear that the dataset I'm trying to fit is not well-described by any of these models.  At least one of the models I tested is probably very similar to how SPSS implements it, so it's probably a safe bet that I'm using the wrong approach.

We set genotype as a fixed effect because it appears (based on some literature I read) that it is the appropriate approach (i.e. we are interested comparing the two genotypes tested).

Thanks again for all your help,
Brad