[R-sig-ME] glmm with correlated residuals

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:51:10 CET 2012

Hi Emilio,

Hmm, well correlated/heterogeneous residuals is relatively easy, but
the ar1 aspect turned out to be less straightforward than I thought.
I could not find an exact example (with a few quick searches), but you
can basically specify any matrix you want for the R matrix.

I have not given this much thought, but I think I would first try a
strong prior that the matrix would be ar1, but I do not know that I
would worry about enforcing that in the posterior.

Here is an example with spatial autocorrelation:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.lme4.devel/8746
It will help to be facile with matrix algebra. In principle it should
be doable but may be rather tricky to specify exactly.

If you find a solution, would be great if you post back to the list
for future reference.

Cheers,

Josh