[R-sig-ME] How to get dispersion parameter from a binomial mixed model?

v_coudrain at voila.fr v_coudrain at voila.fr
Thu Dec 13 08:34:36 CET 2012

Thank you very much for this link. The implemented function "overdisp_fun" allowed me to get what I want.
My data are indeed overdispersed and I think about adding an individual random effect, since quasi-binomial distribution are not supported by lmer. I may use
penalized quasi likelihood, but I know that it is quite controverse. Maybe someone could give me some advice?

Best wishes
Valérie