[R-sig-ME] relative importance of independendent variables in lm and lme models

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Mon Nov 12 11:47:58 CET 2012

Dear Ellen,

Have a look at http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq and search for 'How can I test whether a random effect is significant?'

Best regards,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey