[R-sig-ME] lmer: No significant coefficients, but significant improvement of model fit?

Gjalt-Jorn Peters gjalt-jorn at behaviorchange.eu
Thu Nov 8 11:16:22 CET 2012

Dear Ben,

thank you very, very much for your extensive answer!

I have run both models you suggest, and they fit equally well (Chi^2 =
.99). In addition, the effect of each predictor is the same in both
models (which makes sense of course).

I will just look at each effects' significance level, as per your
worries regarding the number of schools (i.e. 8 is not many school).

Before endeavoring more interpretation, though, I will first read up on
mixed models using the valuable suggestions given earlier :-)

Again, thank you very, very much for your answer, kind regards,

Gjalt-Jorn

*Gjalt-Jorn Peters* | http://behaviorchange.eu

Behavior change research | Health psychology
Intervention development | Applied social psychology 	[ 	GG
<http://greatergood.eu> 	OU <http://ou.nl> 	UM
<http://maastrichtuniversity.nl> 	}