[R-sig-ME] convergence in GLMM (lme4 package)

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:15:46 CEST 2012

Martí Casals <mcasals at ...> writes:

> I’m working on the simulation results and I would like to know the
> convergence of the GLMM model. For example, if I want to obtain the
> converge in the glm case with R, I can extract:
>
> model1<-glm(................family=" ",data=)
>
> *model1$converged*
>
> [1] TRUE
>
> I don’t know if exist a similar function in the lme4 package (glmer ).

  I think not.
  I believe the only way to do this (it may have been discussed before)
is to use options(warning=2) to promote warnings to errors, then to use
tryCatch() etc. to intercept the errors and store the information somewhere.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.lme4.devel/8691
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2012-February/302767.html

  I've added a bit on this to http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq, since it's
not the first time it has come up ...