[R-sig-ME] extracting fixed effect from lme4 objects (coefplot2 not available)

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:46:50 CEST 2012

Hans Ekbrand <hans.ekbrand at ...> writes:

> I have used the function coeftab() from the package coefplot2 for
> extracting fixed effects with confidence intervals from lme4 objects.
> However, for coefplot is currently not available from r-forge (the
> last build, 2012-09-10 failed).
>
> fixef() gives me the estimates, but how do I get the confidence
> intervals too?

   Something like

transform(as.data.frame(coef(summary(fm1))),
     lwr=Estimate-1.96*`Std. Error`,upr=Estimate+1.96*`Std. Error`)

should work (these are the same confidence intervals as those
returned by coeftab).

  Thanks for calling my attention to the fact that coefplot2 was
broken on r-forge (due to recent changes in ggplot2).  A fixed version
is up and should be available shortly.

  Ben Bolker