[R-sig-ME] robust linear mixed model

Manuel Koller koller at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 9 17:01:35 CEST 2012

(forgot to cc the mailinglist)

Dear Ahmad,

I am currently working on a package - robustlmm - that does exactly
this. It is currently available via GitHub only
(https://github.com/kollerma/robustlmm). (It hasn't been released to
CRAN since it depends on the new lme4.)
It is a combination of Fellner's (1986) approach to estimate the fixed
and random effects and the Design Adaptive Scale estimate developed
for MM-estimates (available in the package robustbase). The
documentation is not great, but there are some slides on my website
(http://stat.ethz.ch/people/kollerma) - a vignette is due soon. The
package provides a function "rlmer" that can be used just like "lmer".

Best regards,

Manuel