[R-sig-ME] lmer multivariate longitudinal model

Joerg Luedicke joerg.luedicke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:13:03 CEST 2012

Before checking out other packages, I would first try to figure out
the reason(s) for the convergence issues. More often than not the
reason is just some trivial issue with the data, but could of course
also be due to analyzing some complex data, a problem in the model
set-up itself etc. Did you fit separate models for each of your
outcome variables? Did you experience any convergence problems there?
Did the results made sense, based on your knowledge of the data?

Re multilevel/mixed-effects modeling in R, if you did not have
already, maybe have a look at this page:

http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq

Joerg