[R-sig-ME] lmer multivariate longitudinal model

Joerg Luedicke joerg.luedicke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:18:45 CEST 2012

It is not clear to me how your data structure looks like, what your
outcome variables are, whether you got reasonable results from
separate model fits, what exactly you did by reshaping, and so on.
Thus I will only throw in some 2c regarding the two questions at the
bottom of your post (see below):

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM, basile pinsard
<basile.pinsard at imed.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> -Does the first warning implies that the outputted estimate is wrong?

The warning message means what it says: your model did not converge.
The results in the mer object are (I would think) the estimates from
the last iteration. However, since your model did not converge, these
results are at least untrustworthy.

> -Why are the control arguments not taken into account? (sessionInfo outputs
> lme4_0.99999911-0 as version) Does it makes any sense trying to change
> these to remove the warning?

The fact that your model did not converge can have many reasons,
including data management issues. So your question should rather be
"Why is my model not converging?" instead of trying to "remove the
warning"! If you are unsure about what convergence means in this
context you should probably do some basic read-up.

Joerg