[R-sig-ME] user-defined covariance matrix for linear mixedmodels

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Tue Oct 2 02:14:40 CEST 2012

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012, philippe fullsack wrote:

> Thank you very much Vincent,
> Your answer is completely acceptable. I have used (occasionally) ASReml and
> am aware of your solution. However, I would prefer staying within the R
> framework (i.e. use CRAN open source packages). Similar requests have been
> made in November 2011, but are still unanswered as far as I know.
>
> Philippe

  library(help=regress)

Version:              1.3-8
Date:                 2012-03-19
Title:                Gaussian linear models with linear covariance
                       structure
Author:               David Clifford and Peter McCullagh. Additional
                       contributions by HJ Auinger.
Maintainer:           David Clifford <david.clifford at csiro.au>
                       maximising the residual log likelihood where the
                       covariance structure can be written as a linear
                       combination of known matrices.  Can be used for
                       multivariate models and random effects models.
                       Easy straight forward manner to specify random
                       effects models, including random interactions.