[R-sig-ME] Post-test on MCMCglmm posteriors distribution

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 16:29:00 CEST 2012

Dear Stephane,

Do you mean posterior predictions or posterior distributions? If the
latter, and you want to compare wether Va1 > Va2, for example, you can
just use HPDinterval on the difference.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting Stephane Chantepie <chantepie at mnhn.fr> on Wed, 11 Jul 2012
16:01:53 +0200:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a quite simple question but I do not find a clear answer on the
> internet nor in books.
>
> The context : I am currently working on different aspects of bird aging. I
> have done animal models with MCMCglmm to find if there is an additive genetic
> variance (Va) in my sexual life traits. One animal model has been
> done by age.
> Now, I am interested in testing the differences in Va (posterior
> mode) between
> ages.
>
> My question : As posterior predictions are supposed to be normally
> distributed
> (if the model converge), is it possible to use multiple Student test
> (corrected for unequal variance and pairwise multiple comparison) to test
> statiscal difference on posterior prediction? It seems to me that all
> assumptions are meet to use Student test but maybe there some problems that I
> am not thinking about.
>
> If you have a more elegant way to test differences of posterior
> distributions,
> let me know!
>
> Thank in advance for reply and sorry for this beginner question.
>
> Stephane

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.