[R-sig-ME] Adjusting for random recording intervals in glmer/poisson

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:26:42 CEST 2012

I do not recall for glmer off hand.  Ultimately, you want it To use the same link function as your outcom.  The question is whether glmer does this for you automatically or is like glmmadmb where it is your responsibility to know and use your link on the offset term.  Also, I thought offset was an argument, not a function in glmer, but I could be wrong (I know offset is used as you show it in things like glm).  I imagine you can try it both ways, perhaps with simple simulated data where the effect would be clear.  Or perhaps it's documented, it's late here but I can look in the morning.

Cheers,

Josh