[R-sig-ME] Adjusting for random recording intervals in glmer/poisson

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:52:19 CEST 2012

Hi Dieter,

I do not think that I understand the question or problem very well.
What is the significance of the recording interval varying?  If the
issue is that with a longer recording time, there are more
opportunities for events to occur, then what about treating duration
as an exposure and including it in the offset?  Essentially you model
rate then rather than counts.

Again apologies if I grossly misunderstanding the issue.

Cheers,

Josh