[R-sig-ME] STD file not found error with glmmADMB

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 18:39:09 CEST 2012

Hi Melanie,

This bit, "function maximizer failed" suggests that it is having
difficulty estimating your model.  What happens if you try a simpler
model, (the simplest being intercept only)?  My memory is vague, but
it seems like Ben Bolker may have said at one point that using
variables from the global environment was not tested much in
glmmadmb(), so you might also try using the data argument.  Which
segues nicely into my last point, which is that it would be helpful to
at least show us the output from

str(yourdataset)

so that we know the size, types of variables, etc.

Cheers,

Josh