[R-sig-ME] 0-inflated GLMM in R

Katarzyna Kulma katarzyna.kulma at ebc.uu.se
Fri Jun 15 09:42:53 CEST 2012

Hello ADMB-users!

I'm new to glmmADMB and I just can't get it going. I'm trying to run the model

m1<-glmmadmb(rec~INFECTION*bin.age*ld+(1|RINGNO)+(1|year),zeroInflation=TRUE,family="poisson")

where rec is a number of chicks recruited to the population a year
after they fledged (heavily 0-inflated); INFECTION = a malaria
infection status, 1=infected, 0=uninfected; bin.age=binomial age of
parents (yearling, or older); ld-lay date, a covariate. The ring
number and the year are random effects. Yet, when I run this model on
Mac OX 10.5.8 (R version 2.15) I receive a following message:

Error in parse(text = lab) : object 'lab' not found

In addition: Warning messages:
1: In is.na(rows) : is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'
2: In is.na(rows) : is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'

When I run it on Windows XP (R version 2.15), then I get this:

Error in II[, ii] = II[, ii] + REmat$codes[[i]] :
   number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In glmmadmb(rec ~ INFECTION * bin.age * ld + (1 | RINGNO) + (1 |  :
   NAs removed in constructing fixed-effect model frame: you should
probably remove them manually, e.g. with na.omit()
2: In II[, ii] + REmat$codes[[i]] :
   longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length

I receive these messages when I run the model in both, the most recent
version of glmmADMB or the older one (0.7). Does anyone have any
idea what is going on here? When I posted this question on ADMB-Users
mailing list, Dave Fourier suggested that it is probably an R issue
and encouraged me to post this message here. If there's no way I can
run ADMB, is there any other way I can run 0-inflated mixed models in
R? I'll appreciate any piece of advice

best wishes,
Kasia

--
Katarzyna Kulma

PhD Student
Department of Ecology and Genetics
Institute of Ecology and Evolution/Animal Ecology
Uppsala University
Norbyvägen 18D
SE-752 36 Uppsala, Sweden

email: katarzyna.kulma at ebc.uu.se