[R-sig-ME] How to test if two gamm-predictions are significantly different?

Karel Viaene karel.viaene at Ugent.be
Wed May 30 10:34:46 CEST 2012

Hi Ken,

the experimental design to which I've fitted the gamm is the following:

Small phytoplankton ecosystems to which a chemical was added (five
different concentrations + one control treatment).
These ecosystems were followed up through time for 12 weeks. Each week
the biomass and chemical concentration were calculated/measured.

The gamm I've fitted to this data: biomass = f(time, chemical
concentration) + error structure

Now I want to determine the lowest chemical concentration where the
biomass is significantly different from the control treatment, for a
given point in time (e.g. in week 4, what is the lowest chemical
concentration for which the biomass is significantly different from the
control).

I hope this makes it more clear for you.

Karel