[R-sig-ME] error on example

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 04:48:25 CEST 2012

Brent Pedersen <bpederse at ...> writes:

> Hi, I'm running this code:
>
> library(lme4a)
> data(ergoStool,package="MEMSS")
> ergoStool$Subject <- factor(ergoStool$Subject)
> fm01 <- lmer(effort~1 + Type + (1|Subject), ergoStool, REML=0)

  I haven't checked, but I *think* that the development version
of lme4 (formerly lme4Eigen) now dominates lme4a -- and it works
on this example.  If there are things that you want to do that
lme4a does that the development (r-forge) version of lme4 *doesn't*
do, please let the maintainers know and we will fix them ASAP ...

  cheers
    Ben Bolker