[R-sig-ME] coefplot2/glmmADMB

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 28 23:29:23 CEST 2012

I suspect that the problem might be that you're using R 2.12.  Time to
upgrade!  Then try again.

Cheers

Andrew

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 01:53:28PM -0700, Antonio P. Ramos wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> I doesn't work:
>
> > install.packages("lme4.0", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> Installing package(s) into ?/Users/tournillon/Library/R/2.12/library?
> (as ?lib? is unspecified)
> Warning in install.packages :
>   cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
> Warning in install.packages :
>   cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
> Warning in install.packages :
>   unable to access index for repository
> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.12
> Warning in install.packages :
>   package ?lme4.0? is not available
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Andrzej <agalecki at umich.edu> wrote:
>
> >  Hi Antonio,
> >
> > lme4.0 is not available from cran.
> >
> > Try
> >
> > install.packages("lme4.0", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org"<http://R-Forge.R-project.org>
> > )
> >
> > You are also saying that you have lme4.
> >
> > Note that currently there are two lme4.  The 'old'  and 'new' one.
> >
> > Old lme4 is available at cran and will become deprecated in near future.
> >
> > New can be installed using:
> >
> > install.packages("lme4", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org"<http://R-Forge.R-project.org>
> > )
> >
> > Hope it helps
> >
> > Andrzej
> >

> > On 3/28/2012 3:52 PM, Antonio P. Ramos wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > I am trying to install your package but it is not working:
> >

> >  install.packages("coefplot2",repos="http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bolker/R
> >
> >  ",type="source")
> > Installing package(s) into ?/Users/tournillon/Library/R/2.12/library?
> > (as ?lib? is unspecified)
> > Warning: dependency ?lme4.0? is not available
> > trying URL 'http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bolker/R/src/contrib/coefplot2_0.1.3.tar.gz'
> > Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 616170 bytes (601 Kb)
> > opened URL
> > downloaded 601 Kb
> >
> > ERROR: dependency ?lme4.0? is not available for package ?coefplot2?
> > * removing ?/Users/tournillon/Library/R/2.12/library/coefplot2?
> >

> > Then I tried
> >
> > install.packages("lme4.0")
> > Installing package(s) into ?/Users/tournillon/Library/R/2.12/library?
> > (as ?lib? is unspecified)
> > Warning message:
> > In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
> >   package ?lme4.0? is not available
> >
> > but it does not work either. Am I missing something? I do have lme4
> > installed though.
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Ben Bolker <bbolker at gmail.com> <bbolker at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >   For general information:
> >
> >  I am still struggling to get R-forge to build everything.  glmmADMB
> > 0.7.2.11 , and coefplot2 0.1.3 (on which it generally depends, although
> > I have removed the dependence for the moment) should be available on the
> > McMaster repository (via
> [...]

Andrew Robinson
Deputy Director, ACERA
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-6410
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia               (prefer email)
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~andrewpr              Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
http://www.acera.unimelb.edu.au/

Forest Analytics with R (Springer, 2011)
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/FAwR/
Introduction to Scientific Programming and Simulation using R (CRC, 2009):
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/spuRs/