[R-sig-ME] question on MCMCglmm

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 10:34:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

The prior for the fixed effects is (multivariate) normal, specified as:

prior=list(B=list(mu=mu, V=V))

where mu are your prior means, and V your prior (co)variances. The
default is mu=0 and V = I*1e+10: depending on the scale of your data
this is probably close to uniform.

The random effects also have a (multivariate) normal prior, determined
by the estimated variances. You place a hyper-prior on these variances
by specifying the G element in the prior.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting emre karaman <emre_marmara2002 at yahoo.com> on Mon, 26 Mar 2012
01:33:24 -0700 (PDT):

> Dear Dr.,
> For one-way anova model I assume a uniform distribution for overall
> mean, that is p(mu)=1, and a normal distribution for random effects.
> However, prior specification for
> overall mean
> is not clear, at least yet for me. Could you please tell the way to
> overcome this problem.
> Best Wishes.
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.